ACTIVITIES OF R & D CELL -2017-18
The R& D cell of CCET motivates and facilitates research activities in the campus and provides assistance in obtaining research grants from external funding agencies for projects, seminars, workshops etc and also helps in the successful execution of these activities.
The R&D team organizes workshops, competitions and events in the campus that helps to showcase the technical and scientific acumen of students.
Coordinator Cell of CCOST in CCET- under the R&D Cell
- CCET is the only member of the Coordinator Cell of Chhattisgarh Council Of Science & Technology in Bhilai/ Durg area .Rs. 50,000/- is granted every year to conduct activities like guest lecture debate, essay, quiz competitions for popularization of science in the school and college level.
- Under this activity for the year,2017-18, 2 activities were conducted. Firstly, an Expert Lecture by Shri P.Veluchamy , AGM, Ashok Leyland, Chennai on the topic“ Modern Trends in Industrial Automation” was organised on 24/8/17.
- An Inter College Essay Writing Competition (English and Hindi) and Debate competition (English and Hindi) was organized on 15th February 2018. It was organized jointly by the R&D Cell and the Literary Club of CCET. The Topic for Essay was “Global Warming & Climate Change- A serious Threat To Our Environment and the Topic for Debate was : “Digital India- A Boon or Bane?”
- Around 50 students from nearby colleges like St. Thomas College, Bhilai, Sai Polytechnic College, Bhilai, Kalyan Mahavidyalaya, Bhilai, Mahila Mahavidyalaya, RSR Rungta College participated in the competition. Exciting cash prizes were awarded to winners of both Essay and debate competition separately in English & Hindi. 1st Prize was Rs 1500/-, 2nd Prize- Rs 1000/- and 3rd Prize- Rs 500/-.
CCET National Journal
- CCET publishes its own National Research Journal -CCET Journal of Science And Engineering Education which is coordinated by the R&D Cell. The 3rd Volume of the Journal was published in March 2018.
- The Journal has been registered by the Registrar of News papers of India. It has obtained an Online ISSN number (2455-5061) and is in the process of obtaining Print ISSN.
- The Journal was positively evaluated in the SJIF Journal Rank List evaluation process, and was awarded Scientific Journal Impact Factor = 4.282